Your Personal InformationWe collect information about you from a variety of sources, including from you directly providing it to us (for example, when you open an account or contact us), from cookies and other tracking technologies that automatically collect information in the course of your use of the Services. You can use some of the Services without directly providing any information, but if you do not provide certain information or limit the operation of some cookies, you may not be able to use some of the Services we offer.
Depending on which of the Services you use, the personal information you provide may include your name, email address, user name, demographic information (age, gender, native languages, etc.), information posted by you on our Website and/or information provided by you in any help request or inquiry you make to us.
There is no need to provide to us, and we strongly discourage you from providing any sensitive information about you or anyone else, including details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership or information about your health.
How We Collect InformationAs you interact with the Services, we may collect information via automated means about your computer or mobile device, your preference settings, your location and your activities, including:
- IP address of your computer;
- Unique mobile device identifier;
- Technical information about your computer or mobile device such as type of device, mobile device ID number, screen resolution, web browser information and operating system or platform;
- Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.);
- Internet provider or mobile carrier name;
- The URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting the Site;
- Information about your activity on the Services (e.g., your search queries, search results selected, clicks, pages viewed, search history, comments);
If you are using a mobile device, your mobile device's geographic location (specific geographic location if you've enabled collection of that information, or general geographic location automatically); and
- If you installed our mobile application, we may also collect information about that application (e.g. the specific release date and distribution source of your application, a unique application ID, application partner ID, the ads you click on, and information contained in error log files or cookies, aggregate query or click data and erroneous domain name system requests). Third-parties who provide us with products and services may also place cookies, ad tags and/or beacons that collect the information outlined above in order to provide us with products and services including, but not limited to, analytics tools (Google Analytics) and targeted advertising. These third parties may also collect information about you from other sources and combine it with other information collected about you from third party websites not affiliated with us. For example, advertiser and advertising networks, as well as data analytics companies who service them, may participate in Online Behavioral Advertising and track your activity across various sites and/or devices where they display ads and record your activities, so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you.
When you use one of our location-enabled services (for example, when you access Services from a mobile device), we may need to collect and process information about your specific GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information was recorded, and we may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information, advertising, and features. Some of these services require us to associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you.
- Track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with our Services;
- Understand the total number of visitors to our sites on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Chrome, Safari or Edge), operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac OS), and screen resolutions used by our visitors;
- Monitor and analyze the performance of our Services and to continually improve them;
- Customize and enhance your online experience; and
- Enable our own and third-party advertising.
How We Use Your InformationWe may use your information for the following purposes:
- Identification and authentication: We use your identification information to verify your identity when you access and use our Services and to ensure the security of your personal information.
- Provide the Services: We process your personal information to facilitate the sale of and provide the Services you have requested.
- Improving our Services: We analyze information about how you use our Services to provide an improved experience for our customers of all our Services, including product testing and site analytics. It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our Services and improve them.
- Communicating with you: We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, for example if we are providing information about changes to the terms and conditions or if you contact us with questions.
- Marketing: We may use your personal information to deliver relevant advertisements to you and measure the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you.
- Exercising our rights: We may use your personal information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or our Terms of Service.
- Complying with our obligations: We may process your personal information to, for example, carry out fraud prevention checks or comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, where this is explicitly required by law.
- Customizing your experience: When you use the Services, we may use your personal information to improve your experience of the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content based on your interests.
We may also aggregate and de-identify your information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other company, and may use this information for any other purpose.
How We Share Your InformationWe may share user information with others for various reasons.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with vendors who provide services on our behalf such as payment processing, voice transcription, email messaging, customer service, trouble shooting, survey providers, video players and conferencing and appointment booking and scheduling.
- Fraud prevention: We may disclose your information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
- Law enforcement purposes and public safety: If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We may disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may be required to disclose an individual's personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Sale or merger of our business: We may transfer your information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets).
Children's GuidelinesAs a general matter, our Services are intended for audiences age 18 and older. We discourage users under the age of 18 from entering any personal information without consent from a parent or legal guardian. We do not entice (by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity) any person to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any given activity.